Careers In Caregiving
We are always looking for skilled professionals who have a passion for helping others. We take pride in being more than just caregivers; we unite with our clients and their families and make sure that the care we’re providing is the best care that is available!
If you are a compassionate, competent and dependable person who would like to help others, please upload your resume and complete the form to the right.
Nurse LPN & RN
A registered nurse (RN) is a nurse who has graduated from a nursing program and met the requirements outlined by a country, state, province or similar licensing body in order to obtain a nursing license.
RNs perform a wide variety of job duties during their shifts, caring for and educating patients about their conditions, as well as establishing trust and building rapport with patients and their families. Same daily RN duties with Uniting With You Home Care might include:
- Working with a variety of patients, from young adult to geriatric
- Specializing in one of numerous possible areas such as diabetes, COPD, cardiac care, neurologic care or post-operative care
- Observing and recording patient behavior
- Consulting with physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Establishing treatment plans, operating medical equipment
- Supervising licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and certified nurse assistants (CNAs)
- Performing diagnostic tests
- Administering medications and treatments
Licensed practical nurses (LPN’s) fill an important role with Uniting With You Home Care. Their primary job duty is to provide routine care, observe patients’ health, assist registered nurses and communicate instructions to patients regarding medication, home-based care, and preventative lifestyle changes.
LPN’s who work in private residences and homes also have the following unique responsibilities:
- Monitoring patients’ overall health during every visit
- Changing bandages, wound dressings and catheters
- Setting up exercise programs for patients
- Verifying patients are taking the correct dosages of medications
- Remaining on-call for patients who have healthcare emergencies
Home Health Aide (HHA)
Home Health Aides monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise. They support patients by:
- Providing housekeeping and laundry services
- Shopping for food and other household requirements
- Preparing and serving meals and snacks
- Providing assistance with bathing, grooming, mobility, dressing and eating
- Offering medication reminders
- Running errands
- Providing companionship, reading to patients, walks, transportation